Though the duo have never shied away from expressing their affection for each other in public, they have been careful with their words.
So, it came as a surprise for many when Ranveer addressed Deepika his better half at an awards ceremony held here last night.
He came up to the stage to receive the most stylish jodi award for the pair and in his acceptance speech he said, “This is for best jodi and the better half of the jodi is not here right now but I will convey your wishes to her. Like Kareena earlier said, I have the most beautiful woman by my side… Thank you everyone.”
- Padmaavat director Sanjay Leela Bhansali on Deepika Padukone: I’m not done with her yet
- Things we would’ve missed watching if Padmaavat hadn’t released at all
- Before Padmaavat, a look at how Ranveer Singh’s last five films fared at the box office
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali loves challenges and his films before Padmaavat are proof
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh to tie the knot on January 5? Here’s the truth
- Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone leave Zoya Akhtar’s house hand in hand, see photos
The “Bajirao Mastani” stars were honoured at the second Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA 2016).
Deepika couldn’t make it to the show as she is currently shooting for her Hollywood debut “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage” in the US.
Earlier during the award ceremony, Kareena teased Ranveer saying he has a “beautiful woman by his side,” which had the 30-year-old actor blushing.