Bollywood filmmaker Sriram Raghavan, who is working on the film adaptation of Vikas Swarup’s “The Accidental Apprentice”, says he would love to have actress Deepika Padukone onboard the project.
“I have not finalised her (Deepika) yet but we would love to work with her. I have just met her and sounded her the idea,” Raghavan told PTI.
“She (Deepika) is a talented actress and we would like to work with her. But till I don’t finish my script I can’t talk about it (casting),” he said.
- Deepika Padukone opens up about her role in Vishal Bhardwaj’s next
- Padmaavat director Sanjay Leela Bhansali on Deepika Padukone: I’m not done with her yet
- Beyond the Clouds director Majid Majidi: Didn’t call Deepika Padukone for casting
- Jauhar speech was done in one take: Padmaavat actor Deepika Padukone
- Ayushmann Khurrana heads to Pune for the last schedule of Sriram Raghavan’s untitled thriller
- Deepika Padukone in Sriram Raghavan’s next
When asked whether Deepika liked the idea, Raghavan said, “She is aware about the book. She has read the book but the book and movie are two different things. Once my script is ready then I will talk about casting.”
However, the “Badlapur” helmer has not thought of casting other actors for the film.
“I don’t think we will go with newcomers not for a main role. I think we will go with a star as that is the requirement,” he added.
The “Johnny Gaddar” director is yet to finish writing.
“I am still not fully ready with the script. I had told them (producers) by end of June., that I will finish it but I haven’t. We are yet to cast anyone for the film ,” he added.
According to him, changing a novel into a film is a bit easy.
“The good thing is the story is already there… characters are fetched out. It is not like starting all fresh. After that it is a matter of structuring. It is easier to
adapt than write your own story.”
Once Raghavan is done with script he would show it to its author.
“That is a later stage discussion as I can talk about it once I am ready with the script. Once I am done with writing the script then I have to meet the author take his feedback and then I can talk about it in detail.”
Meanwhile, Deepika is busy shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Bajirao Mastani”.