Actress Deepika Padukone on Thursday (April 10) said that she hopes that promises made by politicians are fulfilled this time. “I do feel we need a change (in the political system).
I think it is the sentiment that most people feel. There are promises being made. I hope more youth will vote. I hope all the promises made will be lived upto. There are many issues and things that need to be addressed, but I don’t want to get into them,” Deepika Padukone said at the Van Heusen event in Mumbai.
When she was asked if BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi could bring about “change”, Deepika chose not to answer the question.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The actress was born in Copenhagen in Denmark and her family relocated to Bangalore when she was an year-old.
“I am an Indian. I was born in Denmark, but I hold an Indian passport. I am an Indian citizen and I am proud to be Indian,” Deepika said.