Deepika Padukone’s tryst with Hollywood seems to have opened the doors of global cinema for this beautiful actress. And if all goes well she could be seen in acclaimed Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi’s first Indian film in English titled ‘Floating Gardens.’
The actor went almost unrecognised in the salwar kurta sans make-up avatar that she sported while seated on one of the ghats alongside Majidi. And the almost day long shoot was held only for Majidi to gauge if Deepika’s look suited a prime character in his film.
Sources tell us that Deepika is yet to ink the dotted line. Of course the same would depend on Majidi giving the green signal. The director who is known for his meticulous eye wants to get every minute detail of his script right before going ahead with the shoot. He always tests an actor before working with him/her and hence the look test even if its as big a name as Deepika. And if indications are right, Majidi may most certainly end up signing her on for the film. The filmmaker is said to have left for Iran completely satisfied with Deepika’s look test. Now given the perfectionist that he is, the filmmaker is perhaps taking his own sweet time before signing on the Bollywood diva.
As for Deepika, the actor is now keen to make a mark in international cinema. After romancing Vin Diesel in xXx: the Return of Xander Cage, Deepika is now looking to stamp her name in global cinema and who better than a director like Majidi. Sources indicate the actor is willing to work for a lesser fee just so that she can be part of Majidi’s cinema. And that would most certainly help her steal a march over Priyanka Chopra in the international arena.
If that will happen is something we will have to wait and watch. We hope it does. And if she does sign on the movie, one will get to see Deepika in a role which is very unlike the glamorous avatars that she has mostly portrayed in her blockbuster hits.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More