- Padmavati rangoli row: All the controversies Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh starrer has courted before its release
- Rani Mukerji and Aditya Chopra Diwali party photos: Karan Johar, Deepika Padukone and Neil Nitin Mukesh among others in attendance
- Deepika Padukone, Malaika Arora, Sridevi, Neha Dhupia: Who wore green worst?
Actress Deepika Padukone doesn’t like to follow fashion trends and says that in clothes she chooses comfort over “everything else.”
“Yes, there are girls who subscribe to fashion magazines and like to follow trends and like to keep with it. But I don’t belong to that group. I belong to a group of girls who choose to be comfortable over everything else,” the “Piku” actress, who has come out with her new apparel line ‘All About You’, said.
Asked about fashion must-haves, the top actress said: “Something in black was the safest bet as it could come in handy in any kind of ocassion like a formal dinner.”
She also reiterated her need of being comfortable over everything else and not accessorising too much.
About her apparel line, she said: “I think the idea behind the label is to encourage women to be themselves and to encourage girls to dress in a way that they feel comfortable.”
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Deepika Padukone show how to keep it comfortable, trendy while travelling
- Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez, Rani Mukerji: Whose airport style do you like?
- Deepika Padukone's dress-over-pants or Lara Dutta in flute sleeves: Who wore it worse?
- Deepika Padukone or Sonam Kapoor — Who do you think sports the casual airport-look better?
- Deepika Padukone in this Sabyasachi gold sari reminds us of yesteryear Bollywood beauties
- 'Side effect of Ranveer Singh': Deepika Padukone's recent airport look is a hit meme
“Another aspect behind the label is to show people what my own personal style would be like as I have always been styled for a film or a red carpet,” she added.
Deepika said that the apparel line doesn’t feature any clothes from the actress’s forthcoming film “Bajirao Mastani”, but “maybe in the future if we get into Indian wear, we might consider trying it out.”
The actress is currently not looking at any other scripts and was focusing all her energy in her existing projects.
“I think a person can be creative in many ways and ‘All about you’ is just me exploring my other side of creativity,” Padukone said.