Actress Deepika Padukone, who will be seen in Rajinikanth starrer ‘Kochadaiiyaan’, admires the southern superstar’s simplicity, humbleness and enthusiasm for his work.
“We were shooting without any co-stars, so I couldn’t spend a lot of time with him. But we got a day-and-half together and I loved the whole experience of being with him. I take back with me Rajini sir’s simplicity and humbleness,” Deepika told PTI.
“He is more excited on the sets, he comes on set with full energy, greets everyone and treats his daughter Soundarya like a director,” he added.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The actress said she was surprised to see that the veteran actor’s passion towards his work. “After working for so many years, his enthusiasm towards work hasn’t changed. I admire him. He and Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan) are excited about their work and you can see the passion in their eyes,” she said.
‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is a hi-tech 3D film with photorealistic motion capture technology, also called as performance capturing technology. It has been used in Hollywood films like ‘Avatar’ and ‘The Adventures of Tintin’.
The movie is likely to take 3D films a step further in India. Earlier at an event, Rajinikanth mentioned that it was difficult for him to understand the technology. Deepika too agrees with him.
“It wasn’t easy to work in this film. For this film we had a camera that was right in my face. I am playing a princess but while I was shooting I was just wearing track pants and a T-shirt. We have no sets or no co-stars, so it is a very bland process,” the actress said.
“The film pushed me to use my imagination. If I had to climb the staircase I had to imagine it as it is not physically present. If I had to hold something or touch something, I had to imagine what it would be like…those were the challenges,” she said.
Recently, the Hindi trailer of ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ was launched in Mumbai in the presence of superstar Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan and other cast and crew of the film. But Deepika was missing at the event.
“The trailer launch in Mumbai was a last minute plan. I believe there weren’t any plans to hold an event here, so Soundarya messaged me that same evening if I could join them,” she said.
“For the last two weeks I have been shooting for ‘Happy New Year’ and we are having night shoots, so unfortunately I couldn’t make it,” Deepika added.
The film is set to release in May.