Bollywood actresses including Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor have a huge fan following. With many new followers adding to their followers list each day, they have time and again been seen celebrating. Instagram has been the latest culture in Bollywood and the industry has maintained a close relationship with their fans through the medium.
Fans from all across the globe come to this one platform to connect directly with their favourite actors.
Actors have also started posting first hand pictures of themselves live from events. It became the new red carpet during awards season with celebs such as Shraddha Kapoor sharing her favourite moment at the International Indian Film Academy Awards on Instagram.
With more than 400 million monthly actives, 75% of whom are based outside of the United States, these moments have become more and more global.
Top 5 Instagram accounts in India and their top liked photos in 2015 (based on likes and comments):
1. Deepika Padukone (4.5 million) http://instagram.com/p/3y8hQVwtlA/
2. Alia Bhatt (4.1 million) http://instagram.com/p/8Z-3oui–Z/
3. Priyanka Chopra (4 million) http://instagram.com/p/90Dh2Bps-j/
4. Shraddha Kapoor (3.6 million) http://instagram.com/p/4L_IJJKDRO/
5. Sonam Kapoor (3.3 million) http://instagram.com/p/8aTjEEwhYk/
Also, talking about the most like posts globally, all positions are acquired by Hollywood celebs, singers and television actors.
Most liked posts of 2015 (global):
1. Kendall (hair photo)
2. Taylor (roses from Kanye)
3. Taylor w/ Calvin Harris
4. Kylie (graduation)
5. Beyonce (portrait w/ Blue)
6. Taylor (w/ Meredith)
7. Selena (selfie)
8. Taylor (w/ Meredith)
9.Taylor (w/ Meredith)
10. Kendall (celebrating 20m followers)