“I am happy that my character of Munia won so much praise. It is a role close to my heart and a deliciously complicated character. I had jitters before the release,” Qureshi told PTI in an interview.
She played the role of Munia, a confidante and ally to Begum Para, played by Dixit in the movie.
The 27-year-old actress, who shot to fame with her debut ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’, said she was initially scared to work with Shah but found the veteran star fun to be with.
“He is powerhouse of talent. He is an exemplary actor. It was great honour working with such a living legend. I was scared initially because a lot of dialogues were in Urdu. I was afraid thinking what if I mispronounce a word in front of him, it would be very embarrasing… but thankfully nothing like that happened.
“He is so much fun to work with and is still young at heart. He was very witty and affable to work with. Sadly, I didn’t have too many scenes with him,” Qureshi said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The young actress said it was a dream come true to work with Madhuri who she considers as a huge influence.
“I am huge fan and admirer of her. She is a great company and a very easy co-star to work with. Despite being a superstar, she doesn’t take her stardom seriously and that helped a young actor like me to work at ease,” Qureshi said.