Bollywood star Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson have made an impeccable style statement with their contemporary look in “Singh is Bliing”. Fans enamoured with Akshay’s unique, colourful style in the film can try rural draped tunics in muted colours and asymmetric jackets with lungi, whereas ladies can opt for Amy Jackson’s bright traditional wear, says an expert. (Singh is Bliing movie review)
Here are a few fashion trends shared by celebrity stylist Eshaa Amiin, who worked with both Akshay and Amy for the movie.
* Uber cool ethnics: Akshay wore rural draped tunics in muted colors, asymmetric jackets, denim shirts with lungi and the head to toe dynamic gold dhoti look. With interesting play of pagdi combinations with embellishments and aesthetic accessories like jada, bead bracelets, khanda pendant, etc to elevate the look.
* Innovate: Few cool innovations were the Mojris with sparklers in “Tung tung” and Elvis style jacket with Punjabi lungis, gold shoes and a sequin pagdi and Prabhudheva’s dynamic sardar avatar for a cameo in the film.
- Akshay Kumar, Amy Jackson starrer ‘Singh is Bliing’ earns Rs.54.44 crore in three days
- Akshay Kumar, Amy Jackson at another screening of ‘Singh Is Bliing’
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Akshay Kumar starrer is a low rent comedy
- Akshay Kumar’s birthday gift to fans, song ‘Cinema Dekhe Mamma’ from ‘Singh is Bliing’
- Filmy Wednesday: Akshay Kumar, Amy Jackson, Salman Khan, Sooraj Pancholi
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh is Bliing’ trailer fails to impress, watch it here
* Amy’s bright traditional wear: A dekko for this festive season variations of patiala suits and embroidered crop jackets and cholis, lehenga skirts and dhoti saris, etc.
* High street trends: Akshay effortlessly sported dungrees which he was never seen in before, with cool ganjis, cowl tee, joggers, cool printed shorts and casual patkas. While Amy is seen in eye-catching fun summer dresses, playsuits, also seen is a mix of sports luxe, shirt jackets, boots, tailored palazzos and some androgyny with distressed denims, shorts and ankle sneakers.
* Elegant formals: The romantic song “Aja mahi” where Akshay is seen in striking a three piece suits in emerald, wine, blue, purple etc. With Amy in a flowy cut out gowns.