Filmmaker Suneel Darshan’s son Shiv, who is making his debut with ‘Karle Pyaar Karle’, says though it is easy to get a movie being from a film background, but it brings along a lot of expectations.
“There are positive and negative sides of being from the industry. The pros is that it’s easier for us to get a film. As my dad is a director and producer himself, I got to learn a lot from him before I decided to be a part of this industry. The sad part is there are lot of expectations from you as you belong to a film family,” Shiv told PTI.
Though his father has given some memorable films like ‘Lootere’, ‘Ek Rishtaa’, ‘Andaaz’ and others, he never took Shiv on the sets. Rather, he wanted him to concentrate on studies and extra-curricular activities.
“I never wanted to be an actor, but always wanted to be a part of Bollywood in some other form (area). Once my dad was shooting for a film with Kareena Kapoor and Akshay Kumar, and Akshay did not turn up because of some health issues. My dad asked me to body double scenes for Akshay,” he said.
“I loved doing it and decided I want to be an actor. Right now I just want to concentrate on acting,” he said. Shiv, who has done a course in acting from New York film academy and is a trained dancer, looks up to Bollywood veterans like Dev Anand and Amitabh Bachchan, who are his all time favourite actors. He says he has learnt a lot from them by watching their movies.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
His film ‘Karle Pyaar Karle’, produced by his father, also marks the debut of Femina Miss India finalist 2011 Hasleen Kaur. The film hits the cinema houses today.
“I want to be a part of films that are total entertainers. He (my father) started looking for some right scripts for my debut film. We had some good scripts but it never worked out. We had this script of ‘Karle Pyaar Karle’ and we thought it’s the right one and we started working towards it,” he said.
In the film, Shiv plays the role of Kabir, who loves to take challenges and can go to any level to fulfil them.