“The biggest hurdle was the timelines which couldn’t coincide. Sonam was busy in her own projects. Rhea (Kapoor) is working on another pet project called ‘Saat Hindustani’. Amidst all this, even I got involved with some work. Rest everything is all conjecture,” Fawad Khan told the media at the Vogue Beauty Awards 2015.
The “conjecture” Fawad was referring to was that certain media reports said he walked out of the film due to some lovemaking scenes with Sonam. Being a married man, it was reported that he had a “no kissing” rule.
- Happy birthday Fawad Khan: All that this Pakistani heartthrob did in past one year after leaving India
- Sonam Kapoor's "Battle for Bittora" on hold due to date issues
- I was never offered PK nor did I reject it: Fawad Khan
- Fawad Khan still in talks for 'Battle of Bittora'
- Fawad Khan, Sonam Kapoor's 'Battle for Bittora' goes on floor in June
- Shashanka Ghosh likely to direct Battle For Bittora
The Kapoors — Anil, Sonam and Rhea — gave Fawad the break to enter Bollywood with “Khoobsurat”.
On whether “Battle For Bittora” creates any difference in his equation with the Kapoors, he said: “I never rejected the film. We still enjoy a good rapport, friendship and conversation.
“I have all the love and respect for Anil sahab and the whole Kapoor family. And I’d love to work with them whenever the opportunity comes next.”
Reports said “Battle For Bittora” will be helmed by “Khoobsurat” director Shashanka Ghosh. It is based on writer Anuja Chauhan’s book of the same name.
Recent reports also suggested that Sonam’s “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” co-star Farhan Akhtar has now replaced Fawad.