Bollywood’s action titan Akshay Kumar, who has played host host of TV adventure reality series ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi’ in the past, will now be seen as the anchor and mentor to contestants on dance reality show “Dare 2 Dance”.
The actor was here Thursday to the launch the new show, which will be aired on Life OK on a date which is yet to be revealed.
Akshay will be seen guiding the contestants and pushing them to re-invent and perform in extreme dancing conditions.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The show ‘Dare 2 Dance’ is risky yet exciting as it pushes you to move out of your comfort zone and prove that you can dance fabulously in any situation,” he said.
To be shot in South Africa, the show will test the levels of endurance and determination of each contestant to go from good to great.
The contestants will comprise of celebrities and trained dancers, who will compete to raise the bar of dancing to a different level. They will be challenged to prove their mettle as ‘Extreme Dance Ke Heroes’.
“Dare 2 Dance” makers guarantee that the new offering will break the regular formats of dance reality shows on the Indian small screen.
About roping in Akshay as the host, Ajit Thakur, general manager of Life OK, said: “Like the channel, Akshay Kumar too has successfully managed to challenge the status quo with his constant need to push the envelope and move beyond the common.”
“It was this need to challenge the norms and do something different that brought us together. Through our show ‘Dare 2 Dance’, we hope to bring yet another unique and unimaginable concept to our audience.”