Bollywood’s action titan Akshay Kumar, who has played host host of TV adventure reality series ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi’ in the past, will now be seen as the anchor and mentor to contestants on dance reality show “Dare 2 Dance”.
The actor was here Thursday to the launch the new show, which will be aired on Life OK on a date which is yet to be revealed.
Akshay will be seen guiding the contestants and pushing them to re-invent and perform in extreme dancing conditions.
“The show ‘Dare 2 Dance’ is risky yet exciting as it pushes you to move out of your comfort zone and prove that you can dance fabulously in any situation,” he said.
To be shot in South Africa, the show will test the levels of endurance and determination of each contestant to go from good to great.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The contestants will comprise of celebrities and trained dancers, who will compete to raise the bar of dancing to a different level. They will be challenged to prove their mettle as ‘Extreme Dance Ke Heroes’.
“Dare 2 Dance” makers guarantee that the new offering will break the regular formats of dance reality shows on the Indian small screen.
About roping in Akshay as the host, Ajit Thakur, general manager of Life OK, said: “Like the channel, Akshay Kumar too has successfully managed to challenge the status quo with his constant need to push the envelope and move beyond the common.”
“It was this need to challenge the norms and do something different that brought us together. Through our show ‘Dare 2 Dance’, we hope to bring yet another unique and unimaginable concept to our audience.”