You can easily call the Phogat family as the first family of female wrestling in India. Six girls from Balali village of Bhiwani district in Haryana defied all odds to be world class wrestlers. And there was one man who made sure that they don’t fall short of achieving their targets.”Based on an incredible true story.” The Dangal movie trailer released on Thursday (October 20) describes the life story of Mahavir Singh Phogat and daughters in those words.
The close to three-minute trailer shows coach Mahavir, played by Aamir Khan, carve a path for his daughters and make them successful. But his story is more than the three minutes or the three hours that the movie will show.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The grand story of Mahavir is not only about the two daughters – Geeta and Babita. He has coached his six daughters (two adopted) and all of them have brought success at international level. Mahavir, a passionate wrestler who failed to reach the top level of the game in India, made sure his daughters being the glory which he failed to.
While Bollywood movies lack a quality storyline, this is not the case with ‘Dangal’. It already has a story that is incredible. The movie will cover only two eldest sisters but Mahavir has put equal effort to make Ritu and Sangeeta top class wrestlers. This after training Vinesh and Priyanka, the two adopted daughters, world beaters.
Three of them have represented India at the Olympics. One of them is on the verge of making her senior debut international while the other two are taking big strides at the junior level and all of this from a state that is, although a hub of wrestling in India, has never promoted female wrestling.
Mahavir had trained at the iconic Chandigram Akhara in New Zealand. Incidentally, Chandgram’s daughter was India’s first female wrestler and he was the pioneer of female wrestling in the country. Mahavir followed his footsteps and never looked back.
Sports biopics have not been popular like other drama movies in India but can Dangal set an example for others? Will it be a movie that whose example will be given when sports biopics will be talked about?
Aamir has delivered some of the greatest hits in the past and let’s hope that he can deliver once again and the movie can do justice to what actually is an “incredible true story.”