Filmmaker and choreographer Farah Khan, who is currently working on her next commercial venture “Happy New Year”, feels the critics are biased towards “arty, slow and a bit boring” movies.
“It would be great if everyone likes the movie, critics and the audience. But I think there is a bias against commercial cinema. I know the critics are only doing their job, but there is a breed of critics that only likes slow and boring movies,” the 49-year-old said here Wednesday on the sets of reality show “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.”
She feels such critics should stop reviewfeels the critics are biased towards “arty, slow and a bit boring” movies.ing commercial films.
“So I think they should not review commercial films and someone who understands and enjoys commercial films should do it,” she said.
Pointing her brother Sajid Khan’s film “Humshakals” as an example, Farah said, ” ‘Humshakals’ got terrible reviews but it did pretty well at the box office, so I rest my case. So did ‘Ek Villain’ also I think. I was in London at that time, but I heard the reviews were not great. But look at the box office.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, she gives brownie points to the audience for not being influenced by the reviews.
“I am noticing that the critics today are liking only a particular type of film, which is arty, slow and a bit boring. They do not like commercial films at all. So if we follow only those four people, then the film industry will shut down,” Farah said.
“Audiences watch a film using their own sensibility and if they like it, they go again. They don’t go only by the critics,” she added.