• Associate Sponsor

Parineeti Chopra’s post on body shaming, credits her weight loss to ‘Bollywood pressure’

Parineeti Chopra feels proud of her weight loss and says she is at peace now.

By: PTI | Mumbai | Updated: May 2, 2016 1:44 pm
Parineeti Chopra, Parineeti Chopra movies, Parineeti Chopra upcoming movies, Parineeti Chopra news, Parineeti Chopra latest news, entertainment news Many have criticised Parineeti Chopra’s drastic weight loss, saying she succumbed to Bollywood’s preference for skinny girls, but the actress admits says she is only thankful for this “pressure” as it pushed her to attain a fitter body.

The actress has suddenly become a darling of luxury clothing brands and also earned numerous style awards courtesy her new toned figure.

Parineeti feels proud of her weight loss and says she is at peace now.

Sharing an old picture of her when she used to on the heavier side, the “Kill Dil” star wrote on Instagram, “All my life, I have struggled with how I look, how I feel, and how people looked at me. I was constantly made fun of, but the person I was, I generously laughed with them.

“Today, many people ask me what triggered the weight loss, did I give in to the “bollywood pressure”? To that I say – thank God I became an actor and had that pressure! I am able to achieve what I couldn’t achieve otherwise. I feel more confident, I feel at peace, and I feel proud!”

The 27-year-old said she is glad her journey to fitness has inspired girls and women across the world.

“Girls and women meet me all around the world, at airports, events, on the street; they hold my hand, hug me, and tell me their struggles and how I changed their lives. They show me their wallpapers, their wallets, and it’s all pictures of me!

“They look at those pictures and want to make that change in their own lives. I have seen women tear up and tell me I changed their life. Post delivery weight, teenage obesity, they are fighting it, and I am their inspiration. As an actor, There is no bigger achievement for me,” Parineeti wrote.

Entertainment Videos by Indian Express

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. E
    Eklavya
    May 2, 2016 at 1:10 am
    Your face is looking weak. Take your meds Parineeti.
    (0)(0)
    1. Alexadel Adam
      May 1, 2016 at 6:34 pm
      How to lose weight fast and easy ? Lose weight in a short period of time has always been considered an almost impossible task. For years, doctors and dieticians reached lose weight effectively ways and they have said with us that sometimes it takes more years on the job even difficult to see any progress with weight loss, or have a perfect body by losing weight. But it simply is not exactly true at all. The human body has many adaptable and can change in a short time a lot of time. Think about it. If people can lose weight quickly with a large volume of fat from eating unhealthy weeks, should not they be able to lose weight more rapidly from week to eat healthy? Well, they certainly can lose weight fast but make sure good healthy....lt;br/gt;
      (0)(0)
      1. Alexadel Adam
        May 2, 2016 at 10:38 am
        How to lose weight fast and easy ? lt;br/gt;Lose weight in a short period of time has always been considered an almost impossible task. For years, doctors and dieticians reached lose weight effectively ways and they have said with us that sometimes it takes more years on the job even difficult to see any progress with weight loss, or have a perfect body by losing weight. But it simply is not exactly true at all. The human body has many adaptable and can change in a short time a lot of time. Think about it. If people can lose weight quickly with a large volume of fat from eating unhealthy weeks, should not they be able to lose weight more rapidly from week to eat healthy? Well, they certainly can lose weight fast but make sure good healthy....lt;br/gt;
        (0)(0)
          maddy
          May 2, 2016 at 4:40 am
          i say its rather quite easy if you stick to plan and never compromise...i was 102 kg 6 months back and lost 24 kg to now 78...the simple step is to do cardio for 2 hours everyday(no skipping the cardio even for 1 day) and stick to my diet plan (my daily calorie intake awas reduced to 1500 cal with no sugar and less carb diet).Nothing else...no snacks no sweets..now i feel confident and hitting gym everyday to stay fit and muscular... NOTE: right from kid i was fat...never was leaner...but i am able to reduce 24 kg in 6 months with simple mantra...everything is possible if you are pionate..
          (0)(0)
            raj
            May 2, 2016 at 4:09 am
            "Patineeti" should be "Parineeti" in the link
            (0)(0)