Two years after actor Saif Ali Khan allegedly assaulted a South-Africa based businessman and his father-in-law at a Colaba hotel, a local court on Thursday (March 12) framed charges against Saif and his two friends.
“The court today framed charges against Saif Ali Khan and his two friends – Shakeel Ladak and Bilal Amrohi – under section 325 (assault) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code,” public prosecutor Wajeed Sheikh said.
However, the trio pleaded not guilty after the metropolitan court read out the charges to them.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Saif and his friends had been arrested following a complaint filed by NRI businessman Iqbal Mir Sharma after the two allegedly got into a fight at the Wasabi restaurant in Taj Hotel on February 22, 2012. The trio was later released on bail.
Saif, 42, was accompanied by his wife Kareena Kapoor, her sister Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora Khan, Amrita Arora and some male friends at the hotel when the brawl broke out.
According to police, when Sharma protested the raucous chatter of the actor and his friends, Saif allegedly threatened them and subsequently punched Sharma in the nose, fracturing it.
The NRI businessman had also accused Saif and his friends of hitting his father-in-law Raman Patel.
However, Saif Ali Khan had maintained that Sharma made provocative statements and rather used abusive language against the women accompanying him and this led to the ruckus. The police had filed a charge sheet against the trio on December 21, 2012.