Two years after actor Saif Ali Khan allegedly assaulted a South-Africa based businessman and his father-in-law at a Colaba hotel, a local court on Thursday (March 12) framed charges against Saif and his two friends.
“The court today framed charges against Saif Ali Khan and his two friends – Shakeel Ladak and Bilal Amrohi – under section 325 (assault) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code,” public prosecutor Wajeed Sheikh said.
However, the trio pleaded not guilty after the metropolitan court read out the charges to them.
Saif and his friends had been arrested following a complaint filed by NRI businessman Iqbal Mir Sharma after the two allegedly got into a fight at the Wasabi restaurant in Taj Hotel on February 22, 2012. The trio was later released on bail.
Saif, 42, was accompanied by his wife Kareena Kapoor, her sister Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora Khan, Amrita Arora and some male friends at the hotel when the brawl broke out.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to police, when Sharma protested the raucous chatter of the actor and his friends, Saif allegedly threatened them and subsequently punched Sharma in the nose, fracturing it.
The NRI businessman had also accused Saif and his friends of hitting his father-in-law Raman Patel.
However, Saif Ali Khan had maintained that Sharma made provocative statements and rather used abusive language against the women accompanying him and this led to the ruckus. The police had filed a charge sheet against the trio on December 21, 2012.