She has been in the film industry for over a decade and in this time, Katrina Kaif has chiefly been paired opposite the biggest names, such as Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan among others. Rarely has she been part of an “unusual” pairing, ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ being perhaps the only exception where she was opposite Imran Khan.
However, as the industry’s leading ladies opt to star opposite newer actors, Katrina Kaif too, has given in to the trend. She will soon be seen opposite Sidharth Malhotra in a film being produced by Excel Entertainment.
- Katrina Kaif ki Hichki: When the actor was called a ‘zero’ in dancing
- Katrina Kaif’s bejeweled look from the sets of Shah Rukh Khan’s Zero, see photos
- Katrina Kaif sizzles in gold in Thugs of Hindostan dance number
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Katrina Kaif prays ‘Don 3’ ‘happens’ with her
- Katrina Kaif in talks for Excel and Dharma’s next
The shoot for the film, to be directed by debut director Nitya Mehra, is likely to begin later this year. Mehra has assisted Farhan Akhtar on Don 2 in the past and has been part of Excel Entertainment. Ritesh Sidhwani and Akhtar, who own the production house, liked Mehra’s script, a rom-com, and approached Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif for the role. While the former had given his nod earlier, Katrina Kaif recently came on board.