She has been in the film industry for over a decade and in this time, Katrina Kaif has chiefly been paired opposite the biggest names, such as Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan among others. Rarely has she been part of an “unusual” pairing, ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ being perhaps the only exception where she was opposite Imran Khan.
However, as the industry’s leading ladies opt to star opposite newer actors, Katrina Kaif too, has given in to the trend. She will soon be seen opposite Sidharth Malhotra in a film being produced by Excel Entertainment.
- Anganwadi workers’ strike: Children in slums, hamlets face the brunt
- PM Modi’s mention in BJP’s resolutions: 191 times, 3 years
- Textile industry woes: Bhiwandi powerlooms continue to struggle with issues post GST
- Ghatkopar building collapse: Victims’ families approach HC against Shitap’s bail plea
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: MSRDC to install helium balloon on sea link
- Eman Ahmed, once world's heaviest woman, passes away in Abu Dhabi hospital
The shoot for the film, to be directed by debut director Nitya Mehra, is likely to begin later this year. Mehra has assisted Farhan Akhtar on Don 2 in the past and has been part of Excel Entertainment. Ritesh Sidhwani and Akhtar, who own the production house, liked Mehra’s script, a rom-com, and approached Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif for the role. While the former had given his nod earlier, Katrina Kaif recently came on board.