She has been in the film industry for over a decade and in this time, Katrina Kaif has chiefly been paired opposite the biggest names, such as Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan among others. Rarely has she been part of an “unusual” pairing, ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ being perhaps the only exception where she was opposite Imran Khan.
However, as the industry’s leading ladies opt to star opposite newer actors, Katrina Kaif too, has given in to the trend. She will soon be seen opposite Sidharth Malhotra in a film being produced by Excel Entertainment.
- Katrina Kaif ditched Salman Khan and became his nephew Ahil's date. Watch adorable video
- Tiger Zinda Hai: Katrina Kaif gets into Sultan mode as Salman Khan flaunts his chiselled body. Watch video
- See inside pictures of Arpita Khan Sharma's anniversary party. Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur were all present
- Celeb spotting: Sara Ali Khan, Karan Johar and Sidharth Malhotra among others on the move
- Katrina Kaif wows fans with her fierce avatar in Tiger Zinda Hai. See photos
- Katrina Kaif in talks for Excel and Dharma’s next
The shoot for the film, to be directed by debut director Nitya Mehra, is likely to begin later this year. Mehra has assisted Farhan Akhtar on Don 2 in the past and has been part of Excel Entertainment. Ritesh Sidhwani and Akhtar, who own the production house, liked Mehra’s script, a rom-com, and approached Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif for the role. While the former had given his nod earlier, Katrina Kaif recently came on board.