Actor Aamir Khan‘s successful film “PK” has reportedly turned out to be the widest international release for an Indian film and it has had a successful run in China. Rajkumar Hirani, the film’s director, says he never imagined the film would be received so well.
Hirani told IANS: “I had never imagined that ‘PK’ would be received so lovingly in China. A rating of 8.8, a 4,600-screen release and business as huge as of North America. It furthers my belief that content is king.”
- Happy birthday Rajkumar Hirani: The master of delivering social messages with fun films before it became a formula
- Rajkumar Hirani has a fan club in China
- China is enjoying story of 'PK': Rajkumar Hirani
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' becomes the highest international grosser, all set to cross Rs 100 cr in China
- Aamir Khan's PK collects $7.03 mn in China
- 'PK' witnessing unprecedented growth trajectory: Disney India
“PK” is also said to have turned out to be the highest grossing Indian film in Australia, New Zealand and Pakistan and also the highest grossing foreign language movie in North America for 2014.
On Tuesday, trade analyst Taran Adarsh shared: “#PK creates HISTORY in China. 11-day total (till 1 June, Monday): 83.94 cr. Yes, you read it right. From China alone. Will cross 100 cr.”
The film, produced by Vinod Chopra Films and Rajkumar Hirani Films in association UTV Motion Pictures released worldwide on December 19, 2014. In China, the movie released on May 22 this year.