With the concept of beauty changing in Bollywood, Soha Ali Khan is happy to be a part of the industry when actresses are experimenting with their looks.
Soha, 37, who is the daughter of veteran Bollywood actress Sharmila Tagore, said beauty still plays an important role.
“Beauty is very important in Bollywood because you are casting somebody in a particular role. There are romantic films where a hero has to be attracted to the actress.
- Ram Jethmalani biopic to go on floors this year, casting not finalised: Soha Ali Khan
- Soha Ali Khan on Inaaya and Taimur’s comparison: You just have to laugh at it as much as you can
- Praise for daughter Inaaya Naumi Kemmu’s photos leaves Soha Ali Khan worried
- Taimur Ali Khan enjoys a car ride with his cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu
- Soha Ali Khan: Inaaya controls what I eat, when I sleep, whether or not I can watch TV
- I tried hard not to be an actor: Soha
“So, she has to be beautiful. But the concept of beauty is changing in the industry. Things which were not considered beautiful earlier, now have become a mainstream. They are embracing different definitions of being beautiful,” Soha told PTI on the sidelines of The Beauty Debate powered by Dove at ‘Women In The World’ summit.
The actress said she is always ready to experiment with her looks when it comes to playing a character.
“I am not apprehensive at all. If you see my filmography, I have mostly done non-glamorous roles. The one where I really had to do something substantial with my look was ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’, where I played an actress of 1950s. I am open to trying out new looks,” she said.
Having tied the knot with actor Kunal Khemmu, Soha said marriage has not changed her thinking towards her career in any way.
“I don’t think anything changes after marriage. Things change in a big way after becoming a mother. Kunal and I have known each other for a very long time. We both are actors.”
Asked if the perception towards a married actress is changing in the industry, Soha said, “A lot of actresses today are breaking that barrier now. I am happy to be a part of the film industry today as opposed to 10 years ago.”
The actress will be next seen in “October 31” and “Ghayal Once Again”.