“Maine Pyar Kiya” fame Bhagyashree said that after watching Salman Khan’s “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, she complimented him for his new and emotional avatar.
“I really liked the film. I even told Salman that he came across in a completely new avatar. And it’s a different kind of emotional connect that he’s got with the audience this time around,” Bhagyashree told IANS designer Rohit Verma’s store launch after being asked if she had seen the film.
Bhagyashree had arrived on the big stage with her debut in Sooraj Barjatya’s “Maine Pyar Kiya” as a sweet and innocent girl in love with Salman. Though, Salman’s debut film was “Biwi Ho To Aisi”, it is “Maine Pyar Kiya” is often considered his debut film since he left a good impression on the minds of viewers. Their chemistry in the film is discussed even today.
- 28 years of Maine Pyar Kiya: Eight lesser-known facts about the Salman Khan starrer
- Quiz: How well do you know Salman Khan?
- Happy birthday Salman Khan: A non-Bhai fan lists five of his better performances
- Before Tiger Zinda Hai, here's how Salman Khan's last five films have performed at the box office
- Salman wipes off Tiger Zinda Hai co-star Katrina's tears in the sweetest way on Dance Champions
- Salman Khan is not launching my son yet, says Maine Pyar Kiya co-star Bhagyashree
But post the film, Bhagyashree went away from the spotlight, and post marriage and having kids, she only did a film once in a while, even down South as well as Marathi and Bhojpuri films.
But her interaction with Salman does show that they’re still in touch and that he hasn’t forgotten his first heroine.