A National Award winning actor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui says he remains unaffected when his critically acclaimed movies fail to be recognised at any “commercial” award ceremonies.
At most Bollywood award galas, it is “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, “Piku” and “Bajirao Mastani” which won the top honours. Clearly, Nawazuddin’s “Manjhi – The Mountain Man” — on Bihar’s ‘Mountain Man’ who single handedly cut a road through a hill to connect his village — has not been in the picture.
Siddiqui, who appeared at the 22nd Lions Gold Awards here, said: “Commercial awards don’t affect me anymore. Those who get the awards, they feel happy and those who are not (getting any), feel upset.”
“This award (Lions Gold Award) is important for me as they select only those actors whose performances have been really good, compared to other awards functions.”
“Nobody gave me award for ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ except Lions Gold Award for the character of Faisal Khan, which became iconic. Now, I am receiving an award for ‘Manjhi…’, which went unnoticed in all award events even after audience liked the movie,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
- I don't care about awards: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Very happy with 'Court' selection for Oscars: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- I don't believe I am successful, says Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui promises to keep doing small budget films
- The attention has started bothering me: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Ketan Mehta’s “Manjhi – The Mountain Man” was commercially not very successful. But it was performances of Radhika Apte and Nawazuddin which pulled audience to the theatre.
The 49-year-old actor, who has dabbled in a variety of roles, said: “Stardom is something I do not think about. I am still trying to be an actor.”
He will next be seen in “Raees” and “TE3N”.