A National Award winning actor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui says he remains unaffected when his critically acclaimed movies fail to be recognised at any “commercial” award ceremonies.
At most Bollywood award galas, it is “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, “Piku” and “Bajirao Mastani” which won the top honours. Clearly, Nawazuddin’s “Manjhi – The Mountain Man” — on Bihar’s ‘Mountain Man’ who single handedly cut a road through a hill to connect his village — has not been in the picture.
Siddiqui, who appeared at the 22nd Lions Gold Awards here, said: “Commercial awards don’t affect me anymore. Those who get the awards, they feel happy and those who are not (getting any), feel upset.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This award (Lions Gold Award) is important for me as they select only those actors whose performances have been really good, compared to other awards functions.”
“Nobody gave me award for ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ except Lions Gold Award for the character of Faisal Khan, which became iconic. Now, I am receiving an award for ‘Manjhi…’, which went unnoticed in all award events even after audience liked the movie,” he added.
- I don't care about awards: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Very happy with 'Court' selection for Oscars: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- I don't believe I am successful, says Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui promises to keep doing small budget films
- The attention has started bothering me: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Ketan Mehta’s “Manjhi – The Mountain Man” was commercially not very successful. But it was performances of Radhika Apte and Nawazuddin which pulled audience to the theatre.
The 49-year-old actor, who has dabbled in a variety of roles, said: “Stardom is something I do not think about. I am still trying to be an actor.”
He will next be seen in “Raees” and “TE3N”.