Actress Kangana Ranaut, who was away from the limelight to pursue her filmmaking course in New York, is back with a bang. However, she finds the paparazzi “intimidating” and is still adjusting to all the attention.
As she walked the ramp for designer Anju Modi at the ongoing Couture Week, she tripped but took it sportingly. She mesmerised the audience with her beautiful smile and looked true diva in Modi’s creation.
“I am just back from New York. It was like going back to school. This is my first public outing after coming back from New York. So I took it in a very easy way but it was not. Coming back to paparazzi was intimidating. I couldn’t believe I was back here,” she said after the show.
The ‘Queen’ fame actress, who was wearing a heavily embroidered black lehanga-choli, said she was an avid supporter of Indian wear.
“It’s not that I don’t support Indian creation. In fact, I wore a lot of AM:PM (a designer label) during the promotion of ‘Queen’. They wanted me to wear Indian clothes,” she told IANS.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“However, it’s sad that we are getting lot westernised, the way parties are held, the way we dress up, everything has got westernised. If I go to a party wearing an Indian dress like this, I don’t know how the media would react,” she added.
Kangana has created a niche for herself with films like ‘Fashion’ and ‘Queen’ and has garnered appreciation for her out-of-the-box choices. She believes there is still a long way to go. “I am not a global artist,” she said.
Designer Anju Modi called her collection “Manikarnika” – that reflects a woman of the past, reborn in the present.
The collection was an exploration of the age-old craft and ancient techniques. The embroideries were derived from the architecture, with the paintings of the Ajanta-Ellora caves as perfect muses to the artwork and details.
The colour palette mirrored the earthy, sepia tones like sand, old rose, reminiscent of the past centuries. The rich jewel tones of burgundy, ruby, emerald added to the plushness of luxury.
The designer said Indian art and craft was getting a lot of global attention. “Indian crafts, the colours, the sensibilities, the artistry and the architecture have become very international. There is no boundary, it’s like a global village. There is a lot of fusion happening, so even if you wear a T-shirt and it has embroidery, then you are wearing an Indian design,” she told IANS.