Ace southern cinematographer Ashok Kumar Agarwal is battling for life in the intensive care unit of a private hospital here for over a month with health-related issues, his son Akash Ashok Kumar said.
“My father, cinematographer-director Ashok Kumar Agarwal, has been suffering from health related issues for the past one month and is currently recuperating in ICU at SRM Hospital,” Akash said in a statement.
While reasons for his illness are unknown, hospital sources claim that his condition is not stable.
Ashok Kumar has worked as a lensman in over 100 films across several languages. Some of his best works include films such as “Jeansa, “Nadigan” and “Johnny”.
He received a National Award for his work in 1980 Tamil film “Nenjathai Killathe”. He has also worked as a cinematographer in Hindi and English films such as “Sacha Pyaar” and “Backwaters”, respectively.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He has also directed award winning films like “Andru Peitha Mazhayil” (Tamil), “Abhi Nandana” (Telugu), and “Kaamagini” (Hindi) as well and has worked with several stalwarts of the Indian film industry.