Bollywood actress Chitrangada Singh did a Marilyn Monroe, imitating the Hollywood screen siren’s moves as she danced to the beats of ‘Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend’ on the ramp at the India Couture Week.
The song, introduced by Carol Channing in the original Broadway production of ‘Gentlemen Prefer Blondes’, is most famously performed by Monroe in the 1953 film of the same name.
Donning a black off shoulder ball gown, romantic wavy hair and an exquisite diamond neck piece, the 38-year-old actress swirled her way on the ramp and her fun and flirty moves were similar to what Monroe was seen doing in the classic song.
“The whole idea was to give a feel of Marilyn Monroe. The diamond neck piece was the reason we decided to do it on stage. I was nervous because no one can do it the way Marilyn did but I had fun. I am glad people appreciated it,” Chitrangada said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The 38-year-old actress was one of the show stoppers at the grand finale of ICW, the other being Bipasha Basu.
Chitrangada was last seen on the big screen in ‘I, Me Aur Main’, which released last year. When asked about her future projects, she revealed there are three films in the pipeline.
“The first is ‘Aur Devdas’, then I am doing a film tentatively titled ‘Banddokbaaz’ opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui and one with Randeep Hooda,” she said.