Bollywood actress Chitrangada Singh did a Marilyn Monroe, imitating the Hollywood screen siren’s moves as she danced to the beats of ‘Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend’ on the ramp at the India Couture Week.
The song, introduced by Carol Channing in the original Broadway production of ‘Gentlemen Prefer Blondes’, is most famously performed by Monroe in the 1953 film of the same name.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Donning a black off shoulder ball gown, romantic wavy hair and an exquisite diamond neck piece, the 38-year-old actress swirled her way on the ramp and her fun and flirty moves were similar to what Monroe was seen doing in the classic song.
“The whole idea was to give a feel of Marilyn Monroe. The diamond neck piece was the reason we decided to do it on stage. I was nervous because no one can do it the way Marilyn did but I had fun. I am glad people appreciated it,” Chitrangada said.
The 38-year-old actress was one of the show stoppers at the grand finale of ICW, the other being Bipasha Basu.
Chitrangada was last seen on the big screen in ‘I, Me Aur Main’, which released last year. When asked about her future projects, she revealed there are three films in the pipeline.
“The first is ‘Aur Devdas’, then I am doing a film tentatively titled ‘Banddokbaaz’ opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui and one with Randeep Hooda,” she said.