Sanjay Suri’s “Chauranga” is releasing on Friday alongside “Wazir”, which features biggies like Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar. But the actor-producer feels they have no competition, and says that both the films can co-exist at the box office.
Asked if there’s any reason to worry with “Wazir” releasing on the same day, Sanjay told IANS: “It is great because it is a bigger film. We are not worried as every Friday there will be one film or the other.
“We have no competition with ‘Wazir’ as it is a much bigger film, with bigger names. We wish them all the luck and we feel that they also do the same. If ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and ‘Dilwale’ can adjust, then ‘Wazir’ and ‘Chauranga’ can also exist.”
The team of “Chauranga” — director Bikas Ranjan Mishra, actors Anshuman Jha and Tannishtha Chatterjee as well as co-producers Onir and Sanjay — visited the IANS headquarters here on Monday.
The film sheds light on the violence of class oppression that continues to exist in rural India, while “Wazir” seems to be a revenge saga and also talks about an unusual bond shared by a paralysed chess grandmaster and an ATS officer.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Sanjay rued high ticket prices, while Mishra pointed out that spiraling ticket prices come as a blessing in disguise for independent filmmakers.
“High ticket prices sometimes help independent films as people go to watch bigger films and then they don’t get it and then they watch other films being screened,” quipped Mishra.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal watches 'Wazir' with star cast
- Can't make Big B dance in public for film promotion: Vidhu Vinod Chopra
- Short kiss or long kiss, how does it matter, questions Sanjay Suri
- Festival films are celebration of artistic excellence: Sanjay Suri
- Big B's Wazir, Akshay Kumar's Airlift: Get ready for some big ticket releases in January 2016
- Content is the hero of 'Chauranga': Sanjay Suri
Adding to this, Sanjay said: “We hope that ‘Wazir’ is houseful… in fact, gets overflowing”.
Anshuman also shared that there is no need to fret over the box office clash as “at the end of the day we have got enough screens to be distributed”.