Actress Kangana Ranaut, who is seen mouthing dialogues in Haryanvi accent with surprising ease in one of her avatars in the trailer of upcoming movie “Tanu Weds Manu Returns“, says it was very challenging.
She found it tough to make the accent and body language convincing.
“It was very tough, especially since the character has a Haryanvi accent. I had to make the character convincing not only through my body language but also accent,” the 28-year-old said here Tuesday during the trailer launch of the film.
“It was very challenging for me,” she added.
- Is Tanu Weds Manu 3 in the pipeline?
- Imran Khan impressed with Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ act
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns review: Buy a ticket for Kangana Ranaut
- Going to ‘make sure’ men, women get paid equally in Bollywood: Kangana Ranaut
- Watch: Kangana Ranaut’s crazy dance in Banno song from ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’
- ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ very real: Kangana Ranaut
“Tanu Weds Manu Returns”, a sequel to 2011 hit romantic comedy “Tanu Weds Manu”, features National Award winner Kangana in a double role of Tanu and Kusum. Kusum is a tomboy of sorts and for the character, the actress had to go rustic and speak Haryanvi.
Directed by Anand L. Rai, the film also features R. Madhavan, Deepak Dobriyal, Jimmy Shergill, Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub and Dhanush. It is slated to release on May 22.