Actress Esha Gupta, who worked in Prakash Jha’s ‘Chakravyuh’, said the film failed to garner good response from audience because it was ‘too heavy’ for them.
‘Chakravyuh’, directed by Jha had Arjun Rampal, Manoj Bajpai, Abhay Deol besides Esha in the lead. Released in 2012, the film was set against the backdrop of the Naxal movement.
“I think not too many people went to see the film. It released around Diwali and everyone was in a happy mood, they did not want to watch something serious and heavy. It was too heavy film for the audience,” said Esha Gupta.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Esha Gupta said there are people who don’t know about Maoist and naxal movement. “I know about it as my father is an ex-Air Force Officer. Also, he made sure we read newspapers, so we know what is happening around the world. I think the youth should have gone and seen the film as it was about India. It is close to my heart. I can do more such films. I was upset but not disappointed with its outcome,” she said.
The former Miss India runner-up was seen in a de-glam role of an IPS officer. Esha Gupta will be seen next in Sajid Khan’s comedy film ‘Humshakals’ alongside Bipasha Basu, Tamannaah, Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh and Ram Kapoor.