With the recent controversy about corruption in Censor Board, the members of the board seems to have got too stringent when it comes to Bollywood films. Finding Fanny, one of its kind film which will be released in English and Hindi is now facing censorship trouble in getting a U/A certification. In fact, CBFC official Deepak who is supposedly the Personal Assistant to Chairperson Leela Samson has asked the film director Homi Adajania to cut down the word ‘virgin’ from Deepika Padukone’s dialogue.
According to a scene in Finding Fanny, Deepak Tandel says ‘I am a virgin’ to Arjun Kapoor and Deepak believes that the word needs to be chopped off. However, Homi Adajania is not happy with the decision and even claimed that when films like Dil Se had Preity Zinta asking Shah Rukh Khan whether he is a virgin and the recent 2 States having Alia Bhatt asking Arjun Kapoor if this was his ‘first time’, then why is the Censor board stringent with Finding Fanny.
There are also rumours that CBFC official Deepak Tandel is not allowed to take a call on these films solely, but denying them, Deepak mentioned that he was not the only one present at the screening of Finding Fanny since he was accompanied by a committee who made this decision together. Moreover, Deepak also revealed that he has asked Homi to tone down the scene where Dimple Kapadia’s skirt gets torn.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Finding Fanny is a quirky drama starring Naseeruddin Shah, Pankaj Kapur and is produced by Maddock Films in association with Fox Star Studios. The film is slated to release on September 12.