The Censor Board, which had recently issued a list of banned cuss words for movies, is in the middle of another controversy.
Reports are that the Censor Board asked the makers Ayushmann Khurranna’s ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’ to mute the word ‘lesbian’ from their movie.
In one of the scenes film’s lead actress Bhumi Pednekar’s character Sandhya is consoled by a lawyer at court when this word was used.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
But Censor Board member and film director Ashoke Pandit, who has been voicing his concern against the new list of cuss words, expressed his disappointment over the muting of the word ‘lesbian’.
Ashoke Pandit had tweeted:
Came to know through news papers & If it’s true then muting”Lesbian”in a film is shameful.I condemn it.#freedomofexpression
— Ashoke Pandit (@ashokepandit) March 3, 2015
Several people have expressed their concern over the recent cut.
Lesbian ko lesbian nahi bologey? Since when is it a bad word? “@HuffPostIndia: Censors mute out ‘lesbian’ in Dum Laga Ke Haisha”
— Rupika V (@Rupika_V) March 3, 2015
Eureka!! Pahlaj Nihalani has found a ‘cure’ for homosexuality. Censor Board mutes word lesbian from upcoming ‘Dum Laga ke Haisha’. #Nuts
— Mohd Asim (@MohdAsim1) March 2, 2015
Proud of the censor board. In Dum laga ke haisha they muted the word “Lesbian” and replaced Haramkhor with Kathor. pic.twitter.com/I2PjV4ZInU
— Scotchy Maharaj (@scotchism) March 3, 2015