The Censor Board, which had recently issued a list of banned cuss words for movies, is in the middle of another controversy.
Reports are that the Censor Board asked the makers Ayushmann Khurranna’s ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’ to mute the word ‘lesbian’ from their movie.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
In one of the scenes film’s lead actress Bhumi Pednekar’s character Sandhya is consoled by a lawyer at court when this word was used.
But Censor Board member and film director Ashoke Pandit, who has been voicing his concern against the new list of cuss words, expressed his disappointment over the muting of the word ‘lesbian’.
Ashoke Pandit had tweeted:
Came to know through news papers & If it’s true then muting”Lesbian”in a film is shameful.I condemn it.#freedomofexpression
— Ashoke Pandit (@ashokepandit) March 3, 2015
Several people have expressed their concern over the recent cut.
Lesbian ko lesbian nahi bologey? Since when is it a bad word? “@HuffPostIndia: Censors mute out ‘lesbian’ in Dum Laga Ke Haisha”
— Rupika V (@Rupika_V) March 3, 2015
Eureka!! Pahlaj Nihalani has found a ‘cure’ for homosexuality. Censor Board mutes word lesbian from upcoming ‘Dum Laga ke Haisha’. #Nuts
— Mohd Asim (@MohdAsim1) March 2, 2015
Proud of the censor board. In Dum laga ke haisha they muted the word “Lesbian” and replaced Haramkhor with Kathor. pic.twitter.com/I2PjV4ZInU
— Scotchy Maharaj (@scotchism) March 3, 2015