Less than a week after the Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister, Mufti Mohammed Sayeed and his cabinet of Ministers hosted a dinner for the film industry in Mumbai, now its Bollywood’s turn to reciprocate the warmth. In what is being considered a first for an Indian film, the entire team of the upcoming film, ‘Welcome 2 Karachi’ is heading to Srinagar for a 3 day promotional tour in the valley.
- In a first, cast of ‘Welcome to Karachi’ start promotional campaign from valley
- ‘Welcome to Karachi’ satire on global politics: Director Ashish R Mohan
- Jackky Bhagnani to make his singing debut in ‘Welcome to Karachi’
- Team of ‘Welcome To Karachi’ unveils trailer
- Lauren Gottlieb joins Arshad Warsi, Jackky Bhagnani for ‘Welcome To Karachi’
- Jackky Bhagnani to replace Irrfan Khan in Welcome To Karachi?
On the itinerary are a tour of the valley, Shikhara rides, meet & greet with hundreds of school children and even a Dunga dinner. During their time there, the team is also hoping to get an audience with key ministers from the J & K Cabinet to discuss how better to bridge the gap between Bollywood and the valley. Says Jackky Bhagnani, “Since childhood, I have been wanting to visit Kashmir. And what better way to connect with the beautiful people there, than through the medium of films? So, when we heard that the government was welcoming the film industry to the valley, my father and I decided immediately that we had to go!” Adds Vashu Bhagnani, “My team and I are extremely excited about this tour. We’ve titled it our Welcome to Kashmir trip! This time we’re headed there for a promotional exercise. Who knows? Maybe next time I’ll shoot a film in the valley!”
Also accompanying the father-son duo on the tour is the gorgeous talented actress Lauren Gotlieb. ‘Welcome 2 Karachi’ is a comedy of errors revolving around two friends, Arshad Warsi and Jackky Bhagnani. The film is slated for release on May 28.