The 29-year-old couldn’t manage to go home due to her gruelling schedule of promoting her new film “Piku” and simultaneously shooting for her upcoming film “Bajirao Mastani”.
As soon as Deepika got to know that the shoot of “Bajirao Mastani”, in which she shares screen space with her rumoured boyfriend Ranveer Singh, got cancelled on Saturday, she booked the first flight back home.
- Deepika Padukone’s highest grossing films: From Padmaavat to Race 2
- Deepika Padukone receives a gift from Rekha. See photo
- Padmaavat director Sanjay Leela Bhansali on Deepika Padukone: I’m not done with her yet
- Before Padmaavat, here’s looking at the box office performance of Deepika Padukone’s last five films
- Happy Birthday Deepika Padukone: This is how Padmavati actor manages to distinguish herself from the Bollywood rat-race
- Deepika Padukone might push back Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘Tamasha’ for Ranveer’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’
“Yes, Deepika has gone back home to Bangalore for a day. She has been wanting to meet her parents. She will be back in the city on Monday,” Deepika’s spokesperson said in a statement.
“Bajirao Mastani” will reunite Deepika and Ranveer with filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The trio previously worked together in 2013 film “Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela”.