- Padmavati controversy: Appalled by the death threats to Deepika Padukone, says Shefali Shah
- Deepika Padukone nails the sultry fashionista look on the cover of her latest magazine shoot
- Majid Majidi on dropping Deepika Padukone from Beyond the Clouds: It was tough to organise things on sets with a big star
The 29-year-old couldn’t manage to go home due to her gruelling schedule of promoting her new film “Piku” and simultaneously shooting for her upcoming film “Bajirao Mastani”.
As soon as Deepika got to know that the shoot of “Bajirao Mastani”, in which she shares screen space with her rumoured boyfriend Ranveer Singh, got cancelled on Saturday, she booked the first flight back home.
- 10 years of Deepika Padukone: The girl from that Close-Up ad is now ruling Bollywood and her mesmerising beauty isn't the only reason for her success
- Exclusive: Deepika Padukone-Irrfan Khan thriller to go on floors in January 2018
- Padmavati song Ghoomar: Deepika Padukone stuns, makes you believe that she is indeed Rani Padmini. Watch video
- Deepika Padukone speaks out against destruction of Padmavati-inspired artwork
- Before Padmavati's first look, Deepika Padukone awes us with this royal photoshoot
- Deepika Padukone feels Padmavati is the most challenging role till now, see tweets
“Yes, Deepika has gone back home to Bangalore for a day. She has been wanting to meet her parents. She will be back in the city on Monday,” Deepika’s spokesperson said in a statement.
“Bajirao Mastani” will reunite Deepika and Ranveer with filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The trio previously worked together in 2013 film “Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela”.