Boxer-turned-actress Ritika Singh wants to balance both her training in boxing as well as acting in films.
Ritika, a national-level kick boxer, is well-versed with mixed martial arts and karate. Now she is making her debut in Hindi films with actor R Madhavan in “Saala Khadoos”.
“I would love to do films as it is a different experience. I am open to do all kind of films. I want to try something else as I can’t do action. I have got beaten up and beat up people. I will continue to train whenever I have fights. I have a knee injury… hope it gets well soon,” Ritika told reporters at an event.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani is co-producing the film, which releases on January 29. “It was a dream come true as in my first film I have Rajkumar Hirani as the producer and Madhavan as my co-star. Who can get a better role than this?” Ritika said.
When asked her about facing competition in the industry, she said, “I am not an insecure person. Thanks to my training in martial arts I have it in me to appreciate good work, say wow and say ‘You deserve it’.”
Ritika’s father, who was present at the event, is proud of his daughter and her achievements in life so far. Ritika shared she is inspired by American mixed martial artist-actress Ronda Rousey.
“I am inspired by Ronda Rousey. She is a fighter and a superstar who is doing films. She is focused and dedicated. I want to be like like her as a person.”
Actress Priyanka Chopra played boxer Mary Kom in the film titled “Mary Kom” and Ritika is all praise for her.
“Priyanka is my favourite actress and I like her a lot. She is in Hollywood and I admire her. She did a great job in ‘Mary Kom’. I don’t think any other actress could have done it,” Ritika said.