Boxer-turned-actress Ritika Singh wants to balance both her training in boxing as well as acting in films.
Ritika, a national-level kick boxer, is well-versed with mixed martial arts and karate. Now she is making her debut in Hindi films with actor R Madhavan in “Saala Khadoos”.
“I would love to do films as it is a different experience. I am open to do all kind of films. I want to try something else as I can’t do action. I have got beaten up and beat up people. I will continue to train whenever I have fights. I have a knee injury… hope it gets well soon,” Ritika told reporters at an event.
Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani is co-producing the film, which releases on January 29. “It was a dream come true as in my first film I have Rajkumar Hirani as the producer and Madhavan as my co-star. Who can get a better role than this?” Ritika said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When asked her about facing competition in the industry, she said, “I am not an insecure person. Thanks to my training in martial arts I have it in me to appreciate good work, say wow and say ‘You deserve it’.”
Ritika’s father, who was present at the event, is proud of his daughter and her achievements in life so far. Ritika shared she is inspired by American mixed martial artist-actress Ronda Rousey.
“I am inspired by Ronda Rousey. She is a fighter and a superstar who is doing films. She is focused and dedicated. I want to be like like her as a person.”
Actress Priyanka Chopra played boxer Mary Kom in the film titled “Mary Kom” and Ritika is all praise for her.
“Priyanka is my favourite actress and I like her a lot. She is in Hollywood and I admire her. She did a great job in ‘Mary Kom’. I don’t think any other actress could have done it,” Ritika said.