Actor Ajay Devgn, son of veteran action choreographer Veeru Devgan, says he was bored of the action sequences in Bollywood films. And that’s why he has tried to up the ante in his upcoming directorial Shivaay, which also sees him as the lead actor.
“Action comes quite easy to me once I decide and I plan. This time I decided to execute… I’m bored and fed of action which we see in our films. I needed to take a step ahead,” Ajay told IANS here.
The actor, who is known for his action sequences in films, says he rarely uses body double and that is why it was tough shooting for “Shivaay”.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
“But it went of well. You keep getting injured, but there was nothing major,” he added.
“Shivaay” is Ajay’s second directorial venture after the 2008 romantic drama “U Me Aur Hum”.
The 47-year-old actor also believes that it would have been difficult to make a film like “Shivaay” five years ago.
“It would have been tougher to make this film five years ago. It’s just the visual effecrs and also the mixing of live shooting. It has to be shot right, it has to be shot at the right locations and then you enhance it. Five years ago, it wouldn’t have been possible,” he said.
The movie marks the acting debut of Sayyeshaa Saigal, who is the grand-niece of veteran actor Dilip Kumar.
“Shivaay” is scheduled to release on October 28.