Filmmaker Karan Johar says he wants to act more but no offer has come his way after his “disastrous debut” in “Bombay Velvet”.
In Anurag Kashyap’s directorial venture, Karan played the role of a villain.
“No one has offered me any film after ‘Bombay Velvet’. It was such a disastrous debut that I did not get any single offer,” Karan told reporters here at the trailer launch of “Kapoor And Sons” last evening. (Read: Rishi Kapoor leaves Kapoor & Sons trailer launch midway)
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The 43-year-old producer-director has expressed his desire to do supporting roles.
“I am dying… Waiting for someone to offer me something. No one is going to offer me a lead role, I am waiting for good supporting roles to come my way. Even Shakun Batra (director) did not cast me for ‘Kapoor And Sons’,” he added. (Also Read: Kapoor & Sons trailer: An emotional journey of brothers Fawad and Sidharth)
Karan’s next is his home production film “Kapoor And Sons” starring Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, Fawad Khan, Rishi Kapoor, Ratna Pathak Shah and Rajat Kapoor. It releases on March 18.