Bombay Talkies, one of India’s oldest studios which made its last film in 1954, is now all set to be revived with an anti-Gandhi film titled “Gandhi vs Aazaad”.
Abhay Kumar, grandson of Rajnarayan Dube, founder of the Bombay Talkies Studios, has decided to revive the banner. He says his debut venture will showcase the “other side” of Mahatma Gandhi which the world has not seen yet.
“I am all set to revive the studio with an anti-Gandhi film. The world will see the other side of Gandhi which they have not seen yet. I have studied in Bhosala Military School in Nashik, and developed an interest in Partition history. Gandhi got promoted as a hero, but the other true heroes like Chandra Shekhar Azad, Subhash Chandra Bose went unheard,” Abhay told IANS.
“Gandhi vs Aazaad” is a historical drama, and it will feature Abhay as nationalist Chandra Shekhar Azad.
Abhay said he is not scared of the censor board.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“I have made a true patriotic film and there is no sex or vulgarity in it. Why should I be scared? Our studio will come up with many more films which will be primarily focusing on social subjects,” Abhay, who has written and directed the film, added.
Dev Anand-Ashok Kumar-Meena Kumari-starrer “Baadbaan” was the last film released by Bombay Talkies studio in 1954.