Bombay Talkies, one of India’s oldest studios which made its last film in 1954, is now all set to be revived with an anti-Gandhi film titled “Gandhi vs Aazaad”.
Abhay Kumar, grandson of Rajnarayan Dube, founder of the Bombay Talkies Studios, has decided to revive the banner. He says his debut venture will showcase the “other side” of Mahatma Gandhi which the world has not seen yet.
“I am all set to revive the studio with an anti-Gandhi film. The world will see the other side of Gandhi which they have not seen yet. I have studied in Bhosala Military School in Nashik, and developed an interest in Partition history. Gandhi got promoted as a hero, but the other true heroes like Chandra Shekhar Azad, Subhash Chandra Bose went unheard,” Abhay told IANS.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Gandhi vs Aazaad” is a historical drama, and it will feature Abhay as nationalist Chandra Shekhar Azad.
Abhay said he is not scared of the censor board.
“I have made a true patriotic film and there is no sex or vulgarity in it. Why should I be scared? Our studio will come up with many more films which will be primarily focusing on social subjects,” Abhay, who has written and directed the film, added.
Dev Anand-Ashok Kumar-Meena Kumari-starrer “Baadbaan” was the last film released by Bombay Talkies studio in 1954.