Actor Boman Irani, who plays the corrupt goon-cum-politician in his latest release ‘Bhootnath Returns’ says his mother wanted him to share screen space with megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who essays the title role.
‘Bhootnath Returns’, a political satire, directed by Nitesh Tiwari hit the movie screens on April 11 and has earned Rs 25.44 crores in five days.
“It is my mother’s dream that I keep working with Mr Bachchan and it is indeed my dream too. I am thankful and honored to be sharing screen space with Mr Bachchan,” Boman said at the success party of ‘Bhootnath Returns’ here last night.
“It is a very special day for all of us. I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am with the mark that this film has made not only at the box office but also garnered respectability. One thing that stands out is that the film has its heart in the right place. I am so proud and happy to be part of this film,” Boman said.
“I know Ravi sir (producer Ravi Chopra) who is at home will be happy with the kind of noise this film is making. The director must take a bow, Parth (Bhalerao) and Usha (Jadhav) did excellent work,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The film produced by T-Series and BR Films, topical in its timing ahead of the Lok Sabha elections raises some pertinent issues like the importance to cast one’s franchise, background-check and authenticity of candidates in the fray and the need to cleanse the nation of corruption and other vices by voicing your opinion through participation in the electoral process.