Innovative marketing skills like launching games based on movies, inviting fans to be a part of the poster launch etc have always helped garner attention for upcoming releases. And adding to this marketing gimmick is the changing of actor’s names for film promotions.
As part of this new-found strategy, actors now change their display names on social networking site Twitter to their reel names in order to promote their films and make their fans familiar with their on-screen avatars. Stars also change their profile picture to the look they don in the films.
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan along with Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Deepika Padukone recently changed their real names to reel names Charlie, Nandu, Jag and Mohini respectively, to promote their upcoming film ‘Happy New Year‘.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
‘Ram-Leela’ actor Ranveer Singh also followed the unique promotional strategy to promote his new Ching noodles advertisement. The actor, who will be soon seen in Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, changed his real name to ‘Ranveer Ching on Twitter.
Actor Shahid Kapoor, who will be seen in Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Haider’ with Shraddha Kapoor, Tabu and Irrfan, also followed the new trend to promote his film on Twitter. Shahid strategically placed ‘Haider’ in his name ‘sHAhID kapooR’.
Not just actors of the film, but directors and producers are also joining in this latest trend – Happy New Year director Farah Khan also changed her display name to ‘Director HNY’ on Twitter.
In the past, newbies like Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra, Riteish Deshmukh have also followed this new, innovative way to promote their films.
Varun changed his name to ‘Varun SEENU Dhawan’ for his ‘Main Tera Hero’ and ‘Varun HUMPTY Dhawan’ for Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. Alia Bhatt added ‘DULHANIA’ to her name for ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’. Sidharth, Shraddha and Riteish added ‘VILLAIN’ to their Twitter names for their film ‘Ek Villain’.