Innovative marketing skills like launching games based on movies, inviting fans to be a part of the poster launch etc have always helped garner attention for upcoming releases. And adding to this marketing gimmick is the changing of actor’s names for film promotions.
As part of this new-found strategy, actors now change their display names on social networking site Twitter to their reel names in order to promote their films and make their fans familiar with their on-screen avatars. Stars also change their profile picture to the look they don in the films.
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan along with Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Deepika Padukone recently changed their real names to reel names Charlie, Nandu, Jag and Mohini respectively, to promote their upcoming film ‘Happy New Year‘.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
‘Ram-Leela’ actor Ranveer Singh also followed the unique promotional strategy to promote his new Ching noodles advertisement. The actor, who will be soon seen in Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, changed his real name to ‘Ranveer Ching on Twitter.
Actor Shahid Kapoor, who will be seen in Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Haider’ with Shraddha Kapoor, Tabu and Irrfan, also followed the new trend to promote his film on Twitter. Shahid strategically placed ‘Haider’ in his name ‘sHAhID kapooR’.
Not just actors of the film, but directors and producers are also joining in this latest trend – Happy New Year director Farah Khan also changed her display name to ‘Director HNY’ on Twitter.
Varun changed his name to ‘Varun SEENU Dhawan’ for his ‘Main Tera Hero’ and ‘Varun HUMPTY Dhawan’ for Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. Alia Bhatt added ‘DULHANIA’ to her name for ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’. Sidharth, Shraddha and Riteish added ‘VILLAIN’ to their Twitter names for their film ‘Ek Villain’.