Year 2013 was quite remarkable for Bollywood not only in terms of the Box Office hits but also the interpersonal relationships of the industry biggies like Rekha, Jaya Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif among others. Actors and actresses put aside their egos and differences to mark a new era in B-town!
Bollywood’s yesteryear actresses Rekha and Jaya Bachchan recently made headlines when they cordially hugged each other at the recently held Screen Awards. Jaya Bachchan had not been on talking terms with Rekha ever since reports of her alleged affair with husband and actor Amitabh Bachchan. Although the actresses were seen sharing screen space with Big B in Yash Chopra’s ‘Silsila’, the director had to do some serious maneuvering to pull the three together in a film that emulated their real life love triangle.
The two actresses have known to avoid each other so-much-so that reports suggest Jaya Bachchan had even refused to sit next to Rekha in Rajya Sabha. In fact to avoid trouble at home, Big B too had maintained distance with the actress. According to reports, the megastar opted out of ‘Welcome Back’ due to Rekha’s presence in the film!
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Bollywood’s two big Khans – Shah Rukh and Salman Khan – created headlines when they were spotted hugging first at an iftaar party last year and then at an awards show early this year. The ‘Karan Arjun’ actors were known to be very close to each other,
but things went bad after their brawl at Katrina Kaif’s birthday bash in 2008. And though they never spoke in public again even about their soured relationship, they avoided each other at all public events too. But looks like the two actors have buried the hatchet after all.
Salman Khan, who made his debut on filmmaker Karan Johar’s popular chat show ‘Koffeee With Karan’ this year, went on record to say that though there’s a lot of mutual respect, Salman is, “100 per cent sure we’ll never be best of friends again.” Post ‘patch-up’, Shah Rukh Khan’s wife Gauri was seen at Salman Khan’s Diwali party.
Deepika Padukone’s relationship with Anushka Sharma soured when she started dating the latter’s ‘Band Baaja Baarat’ co-star and former beau Ranveer Singh. According to reports the two actresses were quite at ease in Macau last year. However, recently Anushka Sharma said on ‘Koffee With Karan’ that Deepika Padukone is not her friend but she isn’t an enemy either.
The ‘Ram-Leela’ actress, who had appeared before Anushka on the show, had said that she counted Anushka Sharma as one of her friends. Even though Deepika remained adamant that Anusha Sharma is a friend, chat show host Karan Johar and co-guest Priyanka Chopra uncerimoniusly ‘popped’ the ‘bubble world’ Deepika was in. But we can agree that the actresses have definitely put their difference aside to reach a mutual platform of ‘friendship’.
Deepika Padukone also took everyone by surprise when she claimed that she considered actress Katrina Kaif as one of her friends on ‘Koffee With Karan’. According to reports, Deepika Padukone was at loggerheads with Katrina Kaif after she started dating the former ex-buea Ranbir Kapoor. The two actresses were spotted together on director Karan Johar’s birthday bash and then at Arjun Kapoor’s birthday party, there is no word if the two actresses are over with the ‘Kat’ fight!
Things between Priyanka and Kareena got sour after Priyanka started dating her Kaminey co-star an Kareena’s ex-beau Shahid Kapoor. The two actresses took a dig at each other regarding their ‘fake-accents’ in an interview to Karan Johar. However, Kareena was spotted at the prayer meet of her Aitraaz co-star’s father with her sister Karisma Kapur.
We all remember how Sonam Kapoor had said that she did not find her ‘Saawariya’ co-star Ranbir Kapoor ‘sexy’. The comment did not do well with Ranbir’s father, veteran actor Rishi Kapoor, who reportedly took up the issue with Sonam last month at her cousin Arjun Kapoor’s birthday bash. But, Sonam and Ranbir seemed to have moved on and are getting along well. His father is also working with Sonam Kapooor in ‘Bewakoofiaan’ movie Yash Raj film.
Finally, Shahid Kapoor and his Kaminey director Vishal Bharadwaj too have given up on their differences and are working on their new venture ‘Haider’.