Actress and fashionista Sonam Kapoor is busy getting set for the upcoming 67th Cannes Film Festival, which kick starts on May 14 this year.
The beauty, who has made her mark in the global fashion world, recently launched the L’Oreal Paris’ Cannes l’or lumiere collection in Mumbai. She looked feminine and pretty in a sparkly Elie Saab couture dress.
Sonam Kapoor, who is one of the main reasons for the fashion revolution in Bollywood today, was announced as the face of the cosmetic giant L’Oreal back in 2009, joining an elite circle of divas including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Michelle Yeoh and Eva Longoria.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
That same year, just days after Sonam Kapoor announced that she would be walking the Cannes red carpet as a L’Oreal spokeswoman, the company announced otherwise.
Reportedly Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was not at all happy at having company on the red carpet. It was her understanding that she was the international face of the company, while Sonam Kapoor would represent the Indian face.
Sonam Kapoor on her part was deeply upset on missing out her debut at the French Riviera. Not one to keep shut about her thoughts and feelings, the actress angrily retorted, “Aishwarya is an aunty from another generation.” But, Aishwarya on her part chose to maintain a dignified silence on the matter.
Finally in 2011, Sonam Kapoor made her Cannes debut, flooring one and all with her appearances and choice of wardrobe. Her outfit choices included a stunning white Jean Paul Gaultier couture gown, a white flowy dress by The Row and a monochrome sari by Masaba. She also stunned in a beautiful rich Roberto Cavalli dress. That year, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan received much flak for her red carpet appearances in comparison to Sonam.
The following two years – 2012 and 2013 also saw the actress at the top of her fashion game. A black tulle gown by Alexander McQueen at the closing ceremony of the 65th Cannes International Film Festival was one of the favourites.
Last year at Cannes, Sonam aced her red carpet appearances in outfits including an Anamika Khanna sari, a monochrome Shehla Khan lehenga and a beautiful strapless Dolce & Gabbana floral dress.
We can’t wait to see what the fashion diva will surprise us with this year at Cannes.