Actress and fashionista Sonam Kapoor is busy getting set for the upcoming 67th Cannes Film Festival, which kick starts on May 14 this year.
The beauty, who has made her mark in the global fashion world, recently launched the L’Oreal Paris’ Cannes l’or lumiere collection in Mumbai. She looked feminine and pretty in a sparkly Elie Saab couture dress.
Sonam Kapoor, who is one of the main reasons for the fashion revolution in Bollywood today, was announced as the face of the cosmetic giant L’Oreal back in 2009, joining an elite circle of divas including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Michelle Yeoh and Eva Longoria.
That same year, just days after Sonam Kapoor announced that she would be walking the Cannes red carpet as a L’Oreal spokeswoman, the company announced otherwise.
Reportedly Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was not at all happy at having company on the red carpet. It was her understanding that she was the international face of the company, while Sonam Kapoor would represent the Indian face.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sonam Kapoor on her part was deeply upset on missing out her debut at the French Riviera. Not one to keep shut about her thoughts and feelings, the actress angrily retorted, “Aishwarya is an aunty from another generation.” But, Aishwarya on her part chose to maintain a dignified silence on the matter.
Finally in 2011, Sonam Kapoor made her Cannes debut, flooring one and all with her appearances and choice of wardrobe. Her outfit choices included a stunning white Jean Paul Gaultier couture gown, a white flowy dress by The Row and a monochrome sari by Masaba. She also stunned in a beautiful rich Roberto Cavalli dress. That year, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan received much flak for her red carpet appearances in comparison to Sonam.
The following two years – 2012 and 2013 also saw the actress at the top of her fashion game. A black tulle gown by Alexander McQueen at the closing ceremony of the 65th Cannes International Film Festival was one of the favourites.
Last year at Cannes, Sonam aced her red carpet appearances in outfits including an Anamika Khanna sari, a monochrome Shehla Khan lehenga and a beautiful strapless Dolce & Gabbana floral dress.
We can’t wait to see what the fashion diva will surprise us with this year at Cannes.