Several Bollywood celebrities took to Twitter to mourn the death of Colombia’s Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez, paying rich tributes to the author.
Marquez, known for his novels ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’, ‘The Autumn of the Patriarch’ and ‘Love in the Time of Cholera’, died today, aged 87, at his home in southern Mexico City.
A master of magic realism, Marquez’s books were profoundly human, beautiful, mysterious, elegiac, irreverent and full of life. One of the greatest names in modern literature, Marquez introduced the world to Latin America’s rich culture, myths and history through his novels and stories.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Remembering the giant of Latin American literature, actress Soha Ali Khan, tweeted, “‘The scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love’ a favourite author Gabriel Garcia Marquez passed away today.”
Actor Kabir Bedi saluted the writer’s glorious life. “‘No matter what, nobody can take away the dances you’ve already had’. Gabriel Garcia Marquez… Ah, the dances he had! RIP,” Bedi posted.
Oscar-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty thanked the late author for the many literary treats and said he will miss reading more from him.
“RIP Gabriel Garcia Marquez! One of the greatest visionary writers, your life was a singular gift to readers all over. We will miss you,” Pookutty said.
In an emotional tribute Bengali actor Parambrata Chatterjee, said, “For the first time, wept at the death of a writer. Garcia Marquez, rest in peace, while try to keep love alive, in these times of cholera.”
Columnist-writer Shobhaa De, said, “Gabriel Garcia Marquez, you leave behind ‘One Thousand Years of Solitude’ for us, your admirers… your devotees. How can we ever repay…?”
Sharing a quote from the writer’s noted work ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’, actress Sandhay Mridul expressed her admiration.
“‘It’s enough for me to be sure that you and I exist in this moment’, Gabriel Garcia Marquez RIP,” she posted.
Actress-producer Dia Mirza tweeted, “RIP Gabriel Marquez Garcia… #onehundredyearsofsolitude.”