Bollywood celebrities on Tuesday paid rich tributes to Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde, who died following a road accident, calling him “a great minister” and “fine human being”.
Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar, actors Riteish Deshmukh, Vivek Oberoi, Anupam Kher among others took to twitter to express their grief over the sudden demise of the 64-year-old politician.
“Its very sad to hear the news of the demise of Gopinath Mundeji. He was not only a great minister but also a good person. We had family ties. May God give his family the courage to overcome the loss and may his soul rest in peace,” Mangeshkar wrote.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Poet-lyricist Javed Akhtar tweeted, “The sudden demise of Mr Munde has come as a shock to every one. My condolence to the family and friends.
Singer Asha Bhosle said Munde was a friend to her.
“Condolences to Gopinathji’s family. Deeply saddened to hear this news. He was a good friend and well wisher,” posted Asha.
Munde died apparently of shock and cardiac arrest suffered during a road accident early this morning.
“Tragic! Gopinath Munde, a fine human being and leader has ‘passed away’. The nation mourns his loss,” Mahesh Bhatt tweeted.
Riteish posted an old picture of him with his father and Pramod Mahajan.
“Am shocked beyond words- Apart from being a big leader for me Mundeji was my father’s closest friend- an unfathomable loss,” he posted.
“Deeply saddened to hear of the untimely demise of the stalwart of Maharashtra Gopinath Munde. My prayers and condolences to Pankaja & the family,” Oberoi tweeted.
Kher said, “So so sad to know about Gopinath Mundeji’s sudden demise. He was a good man. Always ready to help. May his soul rest in peace.”
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha is deeply saddened by his death.
“Shocking to know about the demise of my friend Gopinath Mundeji, my heartfelt condolences to his family,” he wrote.
Actor Shreyas Talpade said, “Utterly sad and shocking… Life cannot be more cruel… RIP Mundeji.”
“Shocking and sad news of the untimely demise of Shri Gopinath Munde …. Really sad… Not his time to go..,” tweeted Tandon.
For celebrities like Satish Kaushik and Atul Kulkarni, Maharashtra has lost a “great leader”.
“With Mr Munde’s demise Maharashtra has lost a great human being and a leader..,” Kaushik wrote.
Kulkarni tweeted, “Pramod Mahajan,Vilasrao Deshmukh, Balasaheb Thakre, Gopinath Munde. Maharashtra politics is changing at the hands of death rather than people.”
Filmmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar tweeted, “Shocked to hear about Mundeji. Will miss his rare combination of admirable leadership skills with a down to earth yet vibrant personality.”