As India celebrates its 65th Republic Day, Bollywood celebrities took to Twitter today to express their spirit of being a proud Indian.
Actor Anupam Kher wishes to be born in the country everytime. “Happy Republic Day. May we always find millions of reasons to be proud of our country. Pray, I be an Indian in every birth. Jai Ho.”
Echoing the same as Kher, Shabana Azmi wrote, “India matters. Proud to be an Indian. Happy Republic day to fellow Indians. Let’s work to make our great constitution a reality for all of us.”
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan posted, “A most happy Republic Day for 2014..”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Salman Khan, whose latest release ‘Jai Ho! talks about the power of a commom man, tweeted, “This Republic Day, remember, you do not need to wear a uniform to serve the country. Jai Ho. Wish you a very happy republic day. JAI HO.”
Akshay Kumar wrote, “Wishing all Indians all over the world a Happy Republic Day. Jai Hind!”
Director-actor Farhan Akhtar greeted people by posting a quote by Lebanese writer Khalil Gibran. “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. Happy republic Day”.
Whereas, many celebs remained glued to their television sets to watch the parade. “Memories of those winter days in Delhi, huddled with friends n family, cheering for March Past n Floats passing by. Happy Republic Day,” wrote Shekhar Kapur.
Anushka Sharma tweeted, “Happy republic day Indians! Missed the parade. Watched it every year while in school to wait for dad’s regiment to march – garhwal rifle.”