As India celebrates its 65th Republic Day, Bollywood celebrities took to Twitter today to express their spirit of being a proud Indian.
Actor Anupam Kher wishes to be born in the country everytime. “Happy Republic Day. May we always find millions of reasons to be proud of our country. Pray, I be an Indian in every birth. Jai Ho.”
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Echoing the same as Kher, Shabana Azmi wrote, “India matters. Proud to be an Indian. Happy Republic day to fellow Indians. Let’s work to make our great constitution a reality for all of us.”
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan posted, “A most happy Republic Day for 2014..”
Salman Khan, whose latest release ‘Jai Ho! talks about the power of a commom man, tweeted, “This Republic Day, remember, you do not need to wear a uniform to serve the country. Jai Ho. Wish you a very happy republic day. JAI HO.”
Akshay Kumar wrote, “Wishing all Indians all over the world a Happy Republic Day. Jai Hind!”
Director-actor Farhan Akhtar greeted people by posting a quote by Lebanese writer Khalil Gibran. “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. Happy republic Day”.
Whereas, many celebs remained glued to their television sets to watch the parade. “Memories of those winter days in Delhi, huddled with friends n family, cheering for March Past n Floats passing by. Happy Republic Day,” wrote Shekhar Kapur.
Anushka Sharma tweeted, “Happy republic day Indians! Missed the parade. Watched it every year while in school to wait for dad’s regiment to march – garhwal rifle.”