A host of Bollywood celebrities including Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Sonakshi Sinha have landed at Tampa Bay to attend the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards 2014, which is making its US debut.
The four-day award show, which is hosted in a new place every year, has a impressive line-up of Bollywood celebrities with Madhuri Dixit, Shatrughan Sinha, Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan, Sonakshi Sinha, Hrithik Roshan, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Farhan Akhtar slated to attend the gala.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The weekend extravaganza of all things Bollywood has been extended to four days with the organisers introducing IIFA Stomp, which they say will recreate the vibrant magic of Indian music, dance and food in America.
The second day will witness IIFA Rocks, to be hosted by Vir Das and Saif, an exclusive night of music and fashion to entertain the diaspora and fans of Indian cinema from across the globe.
Shahid and Farhan will host the award ceremony. The final day will also witness a master class by “American Beauty” star Kevin Spacey who will host the session with “The Dirty Picture” actress Vidya.
Another Hollywood star slated to attend the ceremony is John Travolta who will receive a special honour of being the ‘Most Popular All time International star in India’.
Actor-politician Shatrughan will be honoured with the outstanding contribution to Indian cinema award.
This year the nomination list is dominated by actress Deepika Padukone, who has three nominations – for performance in a leading role (female) category in “Chennai Express”, “Goliyon Ki Rasleela- Ramleela” and “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewaani”.
Amongst the films, the biopic “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” starring Farhan bagged 10 nominations followed by “Goliyon Ki Rasleela- Ramleela” and the romantic musical “Aashiqui 2” with seven nominations each.
The awards night will have performances by Hrithik, Sonakshi, Priyanka and Bipasha. Choreographer Shiamak Davar is choreographing the whole ceremony.