Bollywood celebrities have also joined the Hollywood celebs and other famous personalities in accepting the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. The Ice Bucket Challenge, which involves dousing a bucket of ice water on one’s head or donating to the ALS Association in the United States, went viral throughout social media.
The campaign was launched by the ALS Foundation to raise money and awareness for fighting ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
The person who accepts the challenge then nominates his friends. The challenge entered Bollywood when Tennis player Sania Mirza nominated her actor friend Riteish Deshmukh, to take the Ice Bucket Challenge.
— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) August 18, 2014
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Father-to-be Riteish sportingly accepted the challenge in Krakow, Poland, where he is shooting for his upcoming film ‘Bangistan’. He posted his video on Facebook nominating his actor friends Abhishek Bachchan, Sidharth Malhotra, Ashish Chowdhry, Pulkit Sharma and Akshay Kumar.
Riteish posted, “I accepted Sania Mirza’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge,to spread the awareness for ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). I further nominate my friends Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, Siddharth Malhotra, Pulkit Samrat and Ashish Chowdhry. Gotta do it within 24hrs -time starts now.”
‘Raaz’ actress Bipasha Basu was also nominated by her friend Suzie. She accepted the challenge and further nominated designer friend Rocky S and Shilpa Shetty’s industrialist husband Raj Kundra.
Soon to be seen in ‘Happy New Year’, actor Abhishek Bachchan accepted Riteish Deshmukh’s challenge and took the Ice Bucket Challenge.
— Abhishek Bachchan (@juniorbachchan) August 20, 2014
Abhishek further nominated his dad Amitabh Bachchan and superstar Shah Rukh Khan. ‘Dhamaal’ actor Ashish Chowdhary also accepted Riteish’s challenge.
He further nominated five people including Anusha Dandekar, Mandira Bedi, Dia Mirza, Neha Dhupia and Sophie Chowdhary.
The basic idea of the Ice Bucket Challenge is to raise money for charity. Facebook founder Mark Zukerberg nominated Bill Gates for the challenge and he accepted it.
According to a press release by ALS Foundation, it has received $22.9 million in donations compared to $1.9 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 19). These donations have come from existing donors and 453,210 new donors to The Association.