Dia Mirza says the attempt with her new production, the forthcoming detective comedy ‘Bobby Jasoos’, is to create a commercial entertainer that revolves around a female character.
“We’ve tried to make a mainstream, commercial film with a female protagonist, and which is a family entertainer…We’ve always noticed that a girl’s character in a film is either a catalyst or just a dressing…” the 32-year-old said on Thursday at the music launch of the film at Radio Mirchi studio.
She agrees that there have been many woman-centric films recently, but all on serious subjects. “We have seen very few Hindi films in today’s time where a girl is the centre of action in a commercial, family entertainer,” said Dia.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Bobby Jasoos” stars Vidya Balan in the lead while Ali Fazal plays the male lead. The film is directed by Samar Shaikh and hits theatres July 4.