Actress Sonakshi Sinha is happy that the BJP-led coalition has come to power at the Centre and is optimistic that it will bring in good times for the nation.
Sonakshi’s father and BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha won the recent Lok Sabha elections from Patna Sahib.
“We are very happy that BJP is back in power. And the changes that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has already brought in the government, the way he has got the youth enthusiastic … It is fantastic. I think it is a sign of good days to come,” Sonakshi told PTI.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sonakshi is happy that there are seven women Cabinet ministers in the Modi government.
However, she refused to talk about the controversy over HRD minister Smriti Irani’s educational qualification.
The actress revealed that films and politics were rarely discussed at their home.
“Though people might expect us to discuss politics and films at home, but we don’t discuss it. We have general conversation not related to our profession. Like we talk what we did throughout the day and whom we met, etc,” she said.
Shatrughan and Poonam Sinha’s daughter Sonakshi, the youngest of their three children, has always been the apple of her father’s eye.
“I am the most pampered one at home because I am the youngest and second, because I am a girl. Girls are always closer to their father than boys. He is the best father. He is away for work most of the time, he keeps shuttling between Mumbai, Delhi and Patna but he has always made an effort to make us feel that he is always around,” Sonakshi said.
Few days back, Shatrughan, who underwent a bypass surgery last year, had a routine check up at a hospital here.
“He is absolutely fine. He went for regular check up. He has to go for it every three-four months. So he just went for it and people just exaggerated,” she added.