Bollywood beauties Bipasha Basu and Chitrangada Singh brought the curtains down at the India Couture Week as they walked down the ramp for Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers’ show donning exquisite pieces from their latest collection.
For the very first time clothes took a back-seat and jewelled accessories like necklaces, bracelets, earrings, were given prominence at the Couture Week.
Chitrangada, 38, inaugurated the show wearing a Gauri-Nainika one shoulder black ball gown teamed with a diamond neckpiece, as danced her way on the runway to the beats of classic song ‘Diamonds are girl’s best friend’.
“I was very flattered when they approached me to walk the ramp. I love the diamond piece that I am wearing because like every girl I love my diamonds,” said the ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ actress.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Ending the show was Bipasha, who was cheered on loudly as she made an entry, looking every bit of a bride in rusty red velvet Rohit Bal lehenga-choli set which she matched with an elaborate polki neck piece and matching earrings.
“It is great to be back on the ramp in Delhi as I started my modelling career from here. I have always got a lot of love and warmth from the people here. I love the collection that they have. Every piece is unique. I felt like queen on the ramp,” said the 35-year-old actress.
Besides Bipasha and Chitrangada, former Mrs World Aditi Gowitrikar and actor Muzzamil Ibrahim also graced the ramp for the show, which was titled Parinay.
It featured jewellery pieces inlaid in golds and diamonds embellished with precious stones like emeralds, rubies and pearls. The five huge chandeliers on stage, table tops adorned with exquisite goblets and singer Kamal Khan’s live performance on songs like ‘Main Tenu Samjhawa Ki’, ‘Ishq Sufiana’ added to the opulence of the show.
Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarakar, beauty expert Shahnaz Husain also attended the grand finale show.