Actress Bipasha Basu says the remuneration disparity between actors and actresses will not change in filmdom, adding that she doesn’t loose sleep over this anymore.
“Remuneration disparity is not going to change much,” Bipasha, who is active in the Hindi film industry since 2001, told IANS.
“It’s definitely going to remain the same because the kind of box office Salman Khan does may be a Katrina Kaif won’t achieve that alone. It’s just normal infrastructure and business, so I am not really crying about it,” she added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
But at the same time she feels in terms of role, the situation is getting better for the actresses.
“I believe we are going to get a lot of space in the industry, and women would get to play a lot of role. I think it’s going to change and at every age a woman would get an interesting role to play,” said the 35-year-old whose right now looking forward to her next release “Creature 3D”.
“Now the actress is not just an arm candy who sings and dances. It’s getting better,” she said and added that some of the recent women centric films were good.