Actress Bipasha Basu, who has acted in a number of horror and supernatural films, says she has a special connect with the genre and does not mind being slotted for choosing such projects.
Bipasha has done films like ‘Raaz’, ‘Raaz 3’ and ‘Aatma’ in the horror genre and will next be seen in Vikram Bhatt’s ‘Creature‘.
“Everyone keeps asking me why I do horror films. I don’t know what it is but there is some kind of connect. I feel the genre is not so important the story telling is. In a film like ‘Creature’, where I have a fantastic role then why shouldn’t I do it. In real life, I still get scared soon… nothing has changed on that front,” Bipasha told reporters here at the trailer launch of the film.
“You can call me whatever you want ‘horror queen’, ‘fear goddess’ or anything I am happy with it. I have done lot of supernatural films and all kind of films have that element of fear, horror. ‘Creature’ is different from ghost, spirit and supernatural films… it has an element of fear,” Bipasha said.
‘Creature 3D’ is India’s first 3D monster thriller film directed by Vikram Bhatt and stars Bipasha and Pakistani actor Imran Abbas in lead roles.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“It was very difficult film for me to shoot as I had to imagine the ‘Creature’. But Vikram’s guidance helped me a lot. We used to do every shot at least three times due to technical reasons. It was quite an exhausting film for everyone. I have not done a film like this before,” she said.
T-Series’ Bhushan Kumar with Vikram, his mentor Mahesh Bhatt along with Bipasha launched the 3D theatrical trailer of the movie last night.
Apart from Bipasha and Vikram, the film does not have any known faces but the actress feels the story will bring audiences.
“There is no pressure as such. It is a very entertaining and thrilling film. We have a ‘Creature’ which nobody else has. For me the biggest co-star in today’s time is ‘Creature’ as he is not there in any other film,” Bipasha said.
There was a priest called for the launch and he was there to tie a holy thread on Bipasha’s wrist, Vikram said.
The film is produced by Bhushan and Krishan Kumarunder the banner of T-Series and is set to release on September 12.
On her last release ‘Humshakals’ where Vashu Bhagnani had openly said he would think twice before working with the actress again, she said, “I respect Vashu Bhagnani and the other producer Fox Star Studios… as with the latter I have given my biggest hit film ‘Raaz’. I have a lot of love for them and I wish them all the best.”
Reportedly, Bipasha was not happy with her role in the Sajid Khan film. But the 35-year-old actress reveals she does not mind doing multi-starrers.
“I have done a lot of multi starrer films over the years. I have enjoyed the process of doing both multi starrer and solo films equally. The idea is to connect with the film, live with the experience and enjoy it. It is very rare when it is not enjoyable and it is sad when that doesn’t happen,” she added.