The harmonious colour combinations, the attractive design aesthetics and the two showstoppers – actresses Dia Mirza and Bipasha Basu – together made Vikram Phadnis’ presentation a breathtaking affair on the last day of fashion extravaganza Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2014.
He certainly knows how to combine colours to create the right effect and Vikram Phadnis did the same when he chose earthy shades along with traditional hues for his ensemble, which boast of lehengas in different cuts and designs, anarkali and free flowing kurtas teamed with churidars and palazzo pants.
From tusser, net and brocade, he used fabrics in shades such as reds, greens, creams and yellow.
When the models flaunted his creation on the ramp, it said a lot about his astute craftsmanship. The icing on the cake was the Bollwyood divas Bipasha Basu and Dia Mirza whom the designer dressed in traditional lehengas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“This is a milestone in my career and not just the show, I wanted someone with whom I share a great relationship as a showstopper. Dia and Bipahsa, I have known them for years now and our friendship goes beyond clothes. They were not typical showstoppers,” said Phadnis.
Dia looked as beautiful as ever in traditional cream lehenga with golden border teamed with kurti, black jacket and dupatta, while Bipasha Basu stunned in red lehenga with heavy embellishments teamed with blouse and cream dupatta draped in a traditional manner.
The chanting of Sanskrit shlokas in the background elevated the entire experience.